Followers

Wednesday 20 May 2015

First stab at the 20mm Yanks

 Well, here they are ready for a quick basing. These were my first test batch of US infantry and though far from perfect I think they'll do just fine. The variation in U.S. WWII uniforms is unbelievable but I think I have the colours I'm happy with now so I can hopefully crack on a little faster with the rest.
As for the Germans, well let's say I'm happy with the colours. The only problem being is that they have come out extremely shiny.... Far too shiny. I'll need to search round for a good Matt varnish and give them a blasting.
Anyway, please feel free to criticise!

Steve

5 comments:

  1. They look fine, Steve.... of course I have a rule against painting anything wearting Khaki to begin with, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's been half my problem Peter, the WWII uniforms are very drab in comparison with the Naps!

      Delete
  2. These look spot on Steve. The drab/brown combo looks just right for the yanks.
    With major issues over 'blooming' with humidity, I've resorted to using a gloss varnish spray from B&Q, followed by brushing on a matt varnish from army painter.
    Matt sprays just ruin the work and you have to go over it again with a gloss spray, hence I use the brush for final matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you get a good matt finish with the Army Painter varnish? I've had problems in the past with spray varnish so I'm looking for a brush on alternative. My Germans are VERY shiny! Lol

      Delete
    2. Yes, I get really good results with it. It's called 'anti shine'. Available here (6th one down):
      http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=8

      Delete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....