Followers

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Napoleonics. Old School

A few (bad) photos of my Napoleonic figures. 
I came across a great set of old school rules called 'Muskets & Marshals' which upon reading took me right back to my teenage years when I took part in some epic games at Stoke Wargames Group.
The rules call for 24 figure infantry and 12 figure cavalry units with artillery batteries being represented by single guns.
I still need to get more units on the table to be happy with the 'look' that I'm after but I think that's the curse of every gamer.... never enough toys!
My French force consists of 8 infantry units, 2 cavalry units and 4 guns a with my combined Austrian  /  Russian force consisting of more or less the same ( with a little more artillery )
I'm currently working on more Russian infantry but also need to get light infantry units for all forces sorted at some point!













8 comments:

  1. Cheers Ray. Will look better she night ages more units together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back in the wargaming saddle again Steve! The Naps look great, and you can never have to many of them. Are those your buildings on the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be back Jack. I'm enjoying painting again... Something I thought I'd never say! Yes, the buildings are mine. They're scratch built using foam board.

      Delete
    2. I thought they were yours. You are very talented, I wish I had the time and patience (not to mention the talent!) to create something like that.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Jack, that's very kind of you to say. They were pretty quick to build to be honest. I really would like to put a few more together at some point.

      Delete
  3. Good to see your Napoleonics out again, Steve. You have more than enough for a small game.

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....