Followers

Thursday 11 April 2013

More Snappy Nappy Figures Finished!

Got around to finally finishing my 'unit' of French Hussars today and I'm really pleased with them. I painted these figures up to represent the 7th Hussars and even though the uniform isn't 100% accurate (according to some on TMP!) I'm very happy with them... See what you think...

May not be historically correct but they look suitably 'Napoleonic' to me!


So, that's another set of figures down... What to do next?...More painting... Perhaps some scratch built buildings....

Also I'd like to welcome 'Millsy', my 130th follower!

Steve

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful figures, a great work with beautiful colours!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Yes, the Hussars are a colourful bunch but a pain to paint!

      Steve

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Fran, much appreciated mate.

      All the best,
      Steve

      Delete
  3. These look great, Steve, well done. I have two rules for my painted figures:
    How do they look from 6'?
    If someone dares comment in the negative toward either the quality or accuracy of my figures, I simply suggest we use that person's miniatures for the game instead of mine. BTW, I've never had a taker in the second situation.

    I believe they look quite Napoleonic as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike. I play all my games solo so I don't think I'll be arguing with myself too much regarding the accuracy of my figures!

      Steve

      Delete
    2. I think these are your best work to date, Steve. They look smashing!. I checked my own blog post on the French Hussars, and the essentials of their uniform is correct as far as I can see. OK, the whole regiment would not likely have worn the colpack, and if so the plume was probably red (as the Elite company), but.... BFD!

      I have little doubt these chaps will be among your favorites!

      Delete
  4. They look excellent Steve, really nice painting, especially the gold braid.

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....