Followers

Monday 22 October 2012

Return of th'urge!

Having had a long break from wargaming as a whole I've finally got back the urge to paint and I also have a copy of Volley & Bayonet on the way to get my teeth into.

I really like the idea of large forces (represented by fewer figures!) so I'll definitely be giving V&B a good run  out and look forward to trying them and perhaps Grande Armee Fast Play set in the near future.

I have another project in the planning stage as I have decided to add a small Prussian force to my 'to do' list once I've decided on which particular 1/72nd plastics range to use ..... If anyone has suggestions then please let me know!

This is all for the future at the moment as work is keeping me busy (thankfully!) and I'm also busy redecorating a bedroom at home(don't you just love DIY?) but it's good to get the wargaming urge, and in particular the Napoleonic urge back at long last.

5 comments:

  1. Good man - would be pleased to get your views on V&B - I had a look at the website, but wasn't quite sure what was what, and the rules are a bit pricey when I'd just be buying out of academic interest!

    Cheers - MSF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit pricey, you're right. I managed to pick up a copy of the first edition which hopefully are winging their way from the US as we speak. They look a simple way of playing grand scale games on the tabletop and I'm really looking forward to giving them a go. I'll no doubt be airing my views on them as soon as I've managed to play a couple of games so stay tuned.

      Delete
  2. Look forward to seeing what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be good to have you back Steve! V & B is not a set that we have tried, so we'll be interested to hear of your assessment.

    (For figs, I don't think you can go past the Hat Prussians. The Waterloo 1815 ones are good too and the Revell set is beaut; if you can get them. We like the old Airfix landwehr too, but they are a bit rare now. Unfortunately we do not seem to have any pics on our blog, having been focussed mainly on French-Allied v Russian games so far, but there are plenty of pics on Plastic Soldier Review:
    http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodList.aspx?period=22#Prussia-Infantry)

    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Steve - great to hear that you are regaining your 'urge'.I look forward to reading how you get on with V&B, hopefully they will be what you have been searching for.

    Cheers,

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....