Followers

Monday 11 July 2011

More Russian line infantry done

Another 12 Russian line infantry completed tonight giving me the first three 12 x figure 'Brigades' for my Russian Division.

My planned initial forces are coming along nicely now with the bulk of the line infantry complete and most of the light cavalry also done.

Here are the forces I want to complete as the first stage of my Napoleonic project:

I French Division

3 x 12 figure line infantry Bgs. .................................. Complete
1 x 12 figure line Grenadier Bd.
1 x 6  figure light cavalry regt. (Dragoons)...................Complete
1 x Foot artillery battery.............................................Complete

II French Division

3 x 12 figure line infantry Bgs.....................................Complete
1 x 12 figure line Grenadier Bgd.
1 x 6  figure light cavalry Regt.. (Dragoons)................Complete
1 x Foot artillery battery............................................Complete

III French Division

3 x 12 figure line infantry Bgs......................................Complete
1 x 12 figure line Grenadier Bgd.
1 x 6 figure heavy cavalry regt. (Cuirrassier)
1 x Artillery battery....................................................Complete


I Austrian Division

3 x 12 figure line infantry Bgs.....................................Complete
1 x 12 figure Grenadier Bd.
1 x 6 figure light cavalry regt. (Cheveaux Leger).........Complete
1 x artillery battery.................................................... Complete

II Austrian Division

3 x 12 figure line infantry Bgs.....................................Complete
1 x 12 figure Grenadier Bgd.
1 x 6 figure light cavalry regt. (Cheveaux Leger)..........Complete
1 x artillery battery......................................................Complete

I Russian Division


3 x 12 figure line infantry Bgs......................................Complete
1 x 12 figure Grenadier Bgd.
1 x 6 figure Heavy cavalry regt. (Cuirassier)
1 x artillery battery

I'm hoping these small forces will at least give me enough units to start gaming using a Grande Armee type rule system. I've also stumbled across a set of rules called Easy Napoleonic Rules by Don Lowry which are a stripped down version of Grande Armee and look just the job for the type of game I'm looking for. Infantry units receive as Skirmish rating usually depicted by a value shown on the units base or roster. I'm thinking of representing this by painting up individual stands of light infantry to place with its parent unit accordingly. So for example, one of my 12 figure French line brigades may get a skirmish rating of 3. This will be represented by simply adding 3 light infantry figures to the unit on the table. Better to look at and easy to see at a glance a units skirmishing capabilities!

I will of course continue to build on these and hopefully a few good games should inspire me to paint more!


1 comment:

  1. Good looking force lists, Steve; Maybe add some Legere for the French and Grenz and/or Jagers for the Austrians (and Jagers for the Russians). Hope to see them make the table for a game soon!

    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....