Followers

Sunday 31 July 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Today sees me celebrating my 47th Birthday! ... Where does the time go? It seems like only yesterday I was fooling around at school, playing football with my mates until it was dark or re-enacting some famous battle on my Dad's garage floor .. much to his annoyance when he wanted to put his car away for the night!

It's so true what they say about time flying once you leave school and although the last year or two has been very tough all in all I count myself lucky, I have a lovely wife and family, my health and at last some work! ... I am lucky. As I sit here and think about life in general I see a photo of my lovely sister who we lost to cancer a few years ago now at just 42......  Life can be so unfair sometimes eh?

So I shall raise my cup of tea (as I gave up drinking last year!) and both celebrate another year on this wonderful planet of ours and make my cunning plans to actually get gaming before my next Birthday! .... You never know ....It might just happen.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday mate! I hit 47 in May and with two kids now the time just seems to fly past. I've got my health (although I have doubts at times!) and I really should be grateful for what I have.
    It does get hard when you lose family (I lost my mum, dad and brother over 4 years and I miss that they missed out seeing MY family) and it takes a little time to realise that when you talk about family, it's now the ones right around you.
    Have a great day.
    All the best
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy after-the-fact birthday, sir. After purusing your blog, I must say that you're a very industrious and accomplished modeler. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (very) belated birthday. I was 46 in June and shared most of the comments you made about being younger - I reckon we grew up in a golden age for people interested in playing with toy soldiers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may be right Marc! ... I discovered wargaming when stumbling across Battles with model soldiers by Don Featherstone in my local library. ... Never looked back!

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....