Followers

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Still painting..

Well, I keep saying that I will stop painting and actually get some gaming in but as the painting urge is still with me I'm making the most of it! The good thing about the Snappy Nap rule system is that the units involved are really small, mine consist of just 8 infantry figures and 4 cavalry figures so it's quite quick to rattle off a finished 'unit'.
Currently on the bench I have a Russian and Hungarian infantry unit and some French Hussars but I really must get some scenery together soon. I'm planning on using 15mm scale buildings but unfortunately due to our worsening economy my funds won't run to purchasing even a few of the resin buildings that I would like...so it may have to be back to scratch-building which is something I really didn't want to do as it is so time consuming.... but hey, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Also I'd like to welcome Peter, the 126th follower of my drivel.... I hope you find your visits here of use!

Steve

5 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    I hear what you are saying about the economic climate! For me the thing is all about recycling the collection and taking a long hard look at whet you want to do and how you want to do it. For me the block armies have been really handy to have and also the vast swathe of ships I have as the result of some exchanges with my friends have given me plenty of material to be going with without any expense other than the odd tin of paint. Check out boot sales and charity ships for ornamental cottages and buildings - I have a load of Greek ceramic buidings ideal for use in the Eastern Med.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,

    Apologies for the dreadful spelling - whet you want and charity ships indeed....;-)

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could actually do with some 'charity ships' for my planned WWI naval games David! ... They sound just about what I can afford at the moment..lol!

      All the best
      Steve

      Delete
  3. By all means, paint while the urge is upon you! :-)

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....Must keep painting....Must keep painting....

      Delete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....