Followers

Sunday 16 September 2012

No wargaming and still no smoking!

Unfortunately my gaming mojo has been missing for more than a month now. If anyone sees it then please let me know.

I really don't know what the reason for this drought is exactly, all I know is that I've completely lost interest in any form of gaming and painting (I actually can't remember when I last painted a figure!)

I have been cycling quite a lot just lately and following the Tour of Britain and at present I seem to be getting much more of a buzz from taking my bike out than pushing figures around a tabletop.... Perhaps this will change as Autumn / Winter takes a hold on us.... Who knows?

The good news is that I'm into my third week of kicking the cigarettes. All going well so far and the cravings are tending to be less as the days go on. Still a way to go but so far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your willpower Steve. I don't smoke (tobacco at least!) as I can't stand the taste of the stuff. I just wish I had the stamina to quit drinking (you did that too!). Any tips mate? Anyway, glad you're enjoying being out on the bike and hopefully the gaming thing will return in the future.

    I'm considering trying to set up a C&C game for 2 players with me playing the actual moves etc. Early stages yet but what I have in mind is based on the C&C Vassal online game with added overhead table shots. Still trying to figure out how best to do it so its going to be for the future. Maybe if your Mojo does return you might be interested?

    Cheers and keep it up,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Lee,

    I'm quite surprised at the quitting smoking attempt myself to be honest as I thought I would have cracked by now! But as the days go by I'm finding I 'think' less about the cigarettes and dare I say it, it is getting easier. I really think I may have cracked it this time .... I really hope so anyway.
    Drinking I didn't so much give up on, I just seemed to grow out of it. I was a heavy drinker at one time (of beer anyway. I've always hated spirits) When I was living in Stoke I would finish work and head straight to the pub...every day until closing time. I even had days where I would finish work at lucnhtime and head straight off to my local and be the last one to leave that evening! I really didn't like the person I was becoming to be honest and I really do believe that I was on the very verge of having a serious problem with the drink. So, out of the blue I just stopped and to be honest I really don't miss it at all. I much prefer a nice cuppa these days ... I must be getting old or something.

    As for the C&C game mate you can certainly count me in. I'll give it a bash.

    All the best mate,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....