Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2012

The Naps Project still plodding along

It's been a while since I last posted anything here so I thought I'd let everyone know how things are progressing .........or should I say 'not' progressing?

For some reason I've been feeling very deflated with the Napoleonic project, I don't know why but things have certainly slowed down just lately and painting had completely ceased!

There is still so much more to do before I can truly say that I've reached my goal and can put on a good sized wargame.

My scenery is still virtually none existent as you'll see and at a glance I reckon I need to paint the same number of troops again before I'll be satisfied with the project............. Daunting thought.

Russian Infantry Brigade flanked by heavy cavalry
Anyway, here are some really awful pictures of the set up so far (I just can't seem to get any good quality pictures up in the man cave. Must be the lighting or something...

Austrian Infantry Brigade



A view looking down the French flank

My sparse looking battlefield.......... Sill a long way to go.

I think it may be time to step away from this project for a while and perhaps work on my WWII Fubar project.




4 comments:

  1. Steve,
    Your table and figures look fantastic mate! I think you're searching for the right set of rules. I know the feeling, I painted hundreds of 28mm figures two years ago and once I got them on the table I just gave up for the same reason you are experiencing now. Bear with me until tomorrow and I'll send you some CCN links, info and bits and pieces to look at via email. That set up is too good to give up on Steve.

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Lee. I think you may be right, the rule question is the bugbear at the moment and is causing me to become a little jaded with the whole thing. Look forward to chatting to you about C&CN.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mate, don't worry. There are always pauses, where you get intimidated. Work through it, and look at the achievement to date as encouragement.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Doug, thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....