Followers

Friday 16 March 2012

All work and no play!

Phew, it's been a long week ... and it's not over yet! As some of you will know, I'm a self employed carpet fitter (for my sins!) and after a very slow start to this year my workload last week went through the roof!

So far this week I've fitted 3 x (large) lounges, 9 x bedrooms, 2 x kitchens, 2 x bathrooms and 1 x staircase with another staircase and bathroom booked in to fit tomorrow and a four bedroomed house to fit on Monday!

Needless to say I've been too tired to get much done hobby-wise but at least it's good to have some income coming in again!

Now I need a nap .... 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a heavy week Steve, glad its picked up for you. I'm interested in how you scratch build your buildings so I might have a few questions for you later, but I'll read back through your other blog first for tips. One quickie, you use styroboard? What do you use for glueing that material?

    All the best,

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee,

    The foam board is glued using PVA. I usually push pins through the board to hold the corners in place until the adhesive is set at which point I remove remove them.

    All the besr
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Will all spammers please note that your pointless ramblings will not be published so do us all a favour and feck off. To my friends and fellow gamers please feel free.....